Thursday, February 13, 2014

Engagement Photo Makeup!

In November, the amazing Elizabeth Buergler took our engagement pictures at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, Georgia. Shane and I really wanted to use a location and setting that would be natural for us.... something that we might actually be caught doing, and lets say.... WINE TASTING FIT THE BILL!!! (we wanted to look at Sweetwater Brewery, but the venue fee was a tadddd more that we could bargain for :) ) Elizabeth is a friend of ours and it was so easy to feel comfortable with her shooting us! We were both MORE than thrilled with how the shots came out!

I had my hair dyed for a while at that time with Garnier Nutrisse, 4UR, a cherry cola color that I really liked for fall!
I didn't do anything extravagant to my hair because I wanted the photos to be timeless and for the focus to really be on us. My hair is naturally thick and straight/wavy (depends on the day!!) so I just straightened the kinks and added some additional volume with teasing and Suave flexible hold spray to enhance what was already goin' on!

Photo makeup is a tad different than I would use for every day, but I really wanted to concentrate the fall colors and richness into my look, while still looking natural and not too made up. These pictures last forever, people!! :)


For my makeup I used:

I used:
Hard Candy, Just Face It foundation in Medium buffed in with the Coastal Scents Kabuki Brush
Maybelline Pure Stay Powder (discontinued. worst day EVER!)
Wet n Wild Bronzer in Starlight Bronze (one coat underneath my powder and then on top of powder and blush for contour)
Covergirl Blush in iced plum
Almay Intense I-color for blue eyes (as directed on package)
Loreal bronze eyeshadow in 825, Gilded Bronze (as a mid-lid color to blend everything together)
Covergirl Perfect Blend Pencil in Mink for brows and to line lips
Maybelline Lipstick in Please Stay Plum


Enjoy, I know we did!!! :)










No comments:

Post a Comment